I often have the feeling that in order to accomplish all my tasks as a mother, wife, friend, sister, daughter, neighbor, church member, etc that I would indeed have to be a
Superhero.
My teacher (in foot zone school) did something funny last month during our class. He wanted us to realize how Awesome we truly are.
He put on a superhero cape and pranced around saying all the awesome things about himself. Long story short, he then told us that if we needed to borrow his cape in order to recognize our awesomeness that he would gladly lend it out. He is a total goof ball BUT I love him. He has become a good friend and has opened my eyes a bit more.
It is soooo easy to forget that I have a "superhero" cape. My heavenly father has given me many different things, tools and people in my life to remind me of my superhero powers and that I do Rock!
I had a funny thing happen today that I wanted to remember. I had a conversation with my 3 year and it went a little something like this...
M: Mom!........ Can you turn on the Wii?
Me: Not right now bud, I'm in the shower but I'll help you when I get out.
M: Mom........Can you open this?
Me: No bud.....I.am.in.the.shower.
M: Hey mom, Claire barfed, you need to get a wipe.
Me: Son, I cannot, I'm in the shower, if its bothering you go get a wipe.
M: (Seconds later) Mom!!! I found the spicy floss thing, can you open it for me?
Me: (silence...........)
M: Mommy, mommy, mommy!!!!!
Me: What?!!!!!
M: I REALLY need the Wii
Me: (Fill in any bad word you want to because I'm pretty sure I said them all in my head)
Maddox! I know you think I am a superhero and that I can do everything and anything you want at any given time! BUT for right now, for 5 minutes, I AM NO SUPERHERO, I am a normal human being who needs a normal person shower and for the love of pete, I cannot help you do anything while I am in the shower! PLEASE BE PATIENT!
silence.....
I'm thinking.... Holy crap, it worked! Put it into words a little boy understands...superheros and normal people...and it works! He got the hint! Not to mention, I yelled.
I took another minute to finish my shower, turned off the water, opened the shower door and...BAM! There he was, the little terd waiting for me right at the door, being quiet, being patient, just waiting for me to finish my human shower. He scared the crap out of me!
M: Mom, this is the spicy floss thing, can you open it noooooow?!
Me: Well I was kinda hoping to get dressed first but that would be asking waaay too much so why not, hand it over.
Some days I feel like I can tackle anything, take on the world, fight villans, build the coolest lego tower, change a million diapers with a smile, make breakfast, lunch and dinner AND do the dishes after each one.
Other days.....I just want a shower....to myself in the silence.
Its days like these when I need to remember most to put on my superhero cape, prance around and tell myself out loud that I am Awesome. And that I do Rock.
Super Kmom signing out.




No comments:
Post a Comment