Monday, March 18, 2013

Half a year....Slow Down!!!

 Where do I start?! I've been terrible at blogging about my baby girl growing up BUT in my defense its because I'm so busy loving on her! These two kiddos ARE MY WORLD. I know every mother feels that way...because its so true. My whole life, every move, every decision somehow involves these kids. And that's just fine with me. I won't sugar coat it and lie just to sound like the mother of the year because I AM NOT. I have my fair share of rough days. Some days I want to cry and flop myself on the floor and throw a tantrum right along with Maddox, or cry out of exhaustion that Claire won't take a bottle, binky or let anyone hold her. We have days where no one makes it to the shower let alone out of their jammies. We have days where we eat cake for breakfast, juice for lunch and a frozen pizza for dinner. As hard and tiring as it is, I wouldn't want anything else taking up all my time. I treasure every new thing Claire learns, every hilarious one liner Maddox spouts off, every giggle, smile and hug!


This little beauty is 6 months!
Holy moly, where does the time go? I honestly feel like it was just yesterday laying in the hospital bed holding her thinking, "Do I really have a baby girl?!"
Claire has been a ray of sunshine since day one. She has had a rough start being allergic to any dairy I eat, not sleeping well, to name a few BUT she lights up the room.
Maddox adores her. We all do.
Claire has the best smile in the world. She loves to be held by mommy and daddy and will smile and cue at you from a distance. :)
She has pretty amazing eyes too. Everyone that sees her says, "Whoa...those eyes."
I think they will be hazel, like mine, they still look bluish but there is something different about the color.

Its fun playing dress up with her, and I love to coordinate outfits with a bow.
I love being able to shop for pink and I love to sew for her but no amount of money, pink or frill can overpower the desire I have to teach her to love herself, love her Savior, know who she is and not allow anyone to hurt her. I want her to be confident but kind. Smart and sweet. Beautiful inside and out. Know she is pretty without all the crap on!! Learn to care and nurture others. Know what is really important and to not focus on worldly things. She loves me so much. I can see it in her little eyes and in the way she likes to caress my face and hair. I hope that is always the case. Even as a teenager, I know we will have our differences but I hope she will look up to me and want to learn from me. Yes I know this is soooo mushy but I don't care!! I love my kids!

Happy Half a Year Sweet Girl!

No comments: