Sunday, September 23, 2012

Claire Elise Wood


 Claire Elise Wood
8lbs 1oz. 19 3/4 in long. 14 in head.
Born at 9:53am
Practically Perfect in every way

Our morning started off very very early. Patrick and I both woke up about 4:30am and couldn't go back to sleep so we just talked and waited patiently.
Grandma Wood got to our house just before 7 and we woke the little man up. He was a bit confused as to why we were waking him so early but I had to give him a million hugs and kisses...and he was ok with that.
We said our goodbyes and packed up the car...it felt so different this time. I cried all the way to the hospital with Maddox because the C section was unexpected and unwanted and I was scared to death!! This time around I felt much more calm. I had tried everything possible to have a trial of natural labor and my body just wouldn't dilate. I contracted for weeks but that's all the progress I made. I said lots of prayers and had blessings so I knew that when I woke up that morning that it just wasn't Heavenly Father's plan for me and Claire. She would be safer to come C section. She is here healthy and safe and that's all that matters. I'm just so grateful for that.
Patrick and I could not decide on a name. I had known forever that I wanted to name my daughter Claire but Patrick had other ideas...cute ideas...but nothing that settled just right with me. So after many funny debates, bribes, pity parties, you name it, I gave him one more option on our way to the hospital. "Ok babe, how about whoever guesses closest to her birth weight gets to name her?"
"Hmm....that could work...unless I win then you won't be happy"
"True"
The Conversation ended. :)

Don't I look ready?!!!

The prep work for the surgery was very smooth and quiet. Unfortunately the Anaesthesiologist this time wouldn't allow my mother in to film it so Patrick did the best he could.
I stayed very calm until they gave me the ant-acid drink. For some reason that stuff makes me woozy and very dizzy and sleepy. I started to get nervous at this point because I felt like I couldn't control my body, it was going to sleep!
If you've ever had a C section, you will never forget the feeling of that room. Its quiet and clean and cold. Everyone is so focused on you and they have the routine down perfect. Everything flows so smoothly. They gave me my epidural and immediately my legs and back started to go numb... 20 more minutes and my baby will be born! There are a lot of mixed feelings and opinions on weather or not a woman actually "gives birth" to her baby if they come by C section....
Trust me, the baby may not come out the "normal spot" but our belly's are stretched and pulled and pushed on and the head still has to fit through a tiny hole!! Sorry to be graphic but its true. I'm very sad that I'll probably never experience a vaginal delivery but this experience is still a miracle and is so exciting. This time around I didn't feel as much pressure or pain because she was smaller than Maddox. She seemed to be out in seconds and cried right away. Oh I love to hear that first cry!! Patrick gave me a big kiss, whispered some encouraging words, wiped my tears away and then rushed off to meet his daughter. He yelled to me, "Kelli, she is so beautiful!" Welcome to the world baby Girl!



I love these people more than words can describe! Patrick is the best daddy, husband and caretaker (it is a lot of work to take care of me while I'm recovering and two kiddos!) 
Around 1:30pm we finally named her. Patrick finally said that he needed to just know. He couldn't stand it any longer and he wanted to tell people so I just needed to decide. Even though I won the birth weight bet and the whole operating team was behind me (quite entertaining) I just couldn't decide. I wanted it to feel right. I wanted Patrick to love it.
So glad we named her what we did. It feels good and it fits her.

The amazing Sarah Webb came to the hospital to take our pictures! I'm so in love with them!


Seriously?!! I cried when I saw this...my two precious babies! Maddox loves his baby sister. He loves to rub her head and say, "Don't cry"
Dearest Daugther...I'll love you forever.
She has my lips! I love that you can tell she looks like me in this picture. My kids look like their daddy so I take any credit I can. :)
This man loves his kids. The love he shows for them is amazing. He can't stop kissing Claire.
Oh how I love her wrinkly face! She likes to stick her tongue out a lot, its so cute.
I thought this pictures was funny and perfect. My sister once commented to me that she has never seen me wear white socks. Its true, I love crazy socks, they make me feel comfortable and at home hence why I wore some at the hospital. Not only did Sarah capture the perfect moments of this special day but she captured silly things like me and my socks. I love it.
Maddox was pretty excited about his big brother presents! Claire got him Woody and his aunt Kati got him Rex. They are his new best friends. Thank you for being a good big brother M!

My three Loves.


I'm hurting. I have a huge scar. I cry. I laugh. I can't sleep. I walk like a 80 year old woman.
Having a baby is not easy. BUT I would endure the pain 100 times again to feel the joy I do holding my babies and to experience this pure happiness. I love my husband. He is a good man and he takes such good care of us. I'm so grateful for my little family.





3 comments:

Meagan said...

Oh Kelli!!! She's perfect! I don't know what it is about birth stories, but I cry when I read everyone's! It's such a special, wonderful gift to have children! I'm so happy for you guys. :) I can't wait to meet her! I hope I can get over there sometime soon! Love you guys!

Traci Butler said...

Kelli I can't get over how cute she is! I want to come snuggle the chubby little thing! I'm glad all is well. Hope you're getting rest! Love you!

The Motts said...

she is such a doll! i love her perfect plump limps! and you look amazing! wish i looked that good right after having a baby! congrats!!