Four Years!
Patrick and I decided to keep our anniversary simple this year because of all the craziness and expenses coming up for the summer/baby.
So I made him breakfast and made multiple lists of "Fours" that I hung up in the kitchen.
4 Reasons " I love you"
4 Reasons I married you
4 of my favorite physical features
4 of your greatest attributes
4 things I'll never forget from our wedding day
Etc..
It was a lot of fun to sit down and really think of these answers. I got butterflies all over again and was reminded even more why I married this amazing man.
He is so good to me and to Maddox. He is such a hard worker that puts his family first ALL the time.
He makes me laugh and he is my bestest friend.
I knew he would be working late so we decided to go out on Saturday. I took Maddox swimming to pass some time away, trying to not get lonely or down. After swimming, we laid down for a nap and I hear a knock on the door. I was like, Who is at my house?!
I opened the door to my handsome hubby!
He surprised me! He said, "hurry go shower, you have a pedicure appointment in an hour. Then dinner at The Cheesecake factory, then we are going to a midnight showing of the Snow White movie."
I had no idea! He had had it planned all week. Maddox was spending the night at Grandma's and we were going out.
The pedicure was amazing as always! (And he said he'd kill me if I told anyone that he got one too, but honestly there is nothing to be ashamed of. I was tickled that he'd sit there with me and do something I love even though its not a guy thing...I love him even more! And he said it felt good. )
Dinner was fabulous! We shared a Mango Mousse Cheesecake...the best I've ever had!
Its the simple things that melt my heart. I used the restroom right when we got to the restaurant...peanut bladder. And while I was gone he ordered me a raspberry lemonade...He knows my favorite drink. Simple yet Sweet.
Then we went home to take a nap. Again...simple but he knew I'd be tired.
Going to the midnight showing was fun! We felt like we were dating again staying up so late. Haha... its amazing how much you age when kids come along.
He was so sweet to plan all this and totally surprise me! But the best part of all was having him home! His new schedule keeps him away so late and its really really hard sometimes so this was such a treat!
Even though we said "simple" he still rocked it! Leave it to him to take something simple and make it super special! I love that about him.
I love you so much Patty!!!
Thanks for a Wonderful 4th anniversary!




2 comments:
Happy 4 years! You two really are so good together. Love you!
Thanks Kate D!I miss you so much! love you too!
Post a Comment