Sunday, December 27, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree...

What a wonderful Christmas! This is Patrick and I's 2nd Christmas being married and 3rd since we've known each other. This year we celebrated it with Patrick's family. We had everyone over to our house. It was a lot of fun. I enjoyed having all my in laws over. His sister Jennifer and her husband Carlos brought a roast over and we had a wonderful dinner with all the works. The Wood's always have Christmas with their aunt Kim and her son Max (unfortunately max as gone this year but we are so grateful he is serving his mission!). After dinner we all opened a new pair of pajamas.Aunt Kim got mine nice and extra roomy! (good thinking). It was a very relaxing evening...we watched Christmas movies and visited and wrapped presents.
My sweet husband surprised me big this year! We promised to not spend money on each other except for one homemade gift. I guess in a way he stuck to that promise...except that he bought a crib!!! And had it all set up for me in the nursery. So I guess technically he spent money on the baby. You can imagine how I cried like a baby. It was so awesome to see how excited he was...he really cannot wait until little Maddox gets here. (Yes...we've decided on a name!)Ignore the ugly colors in the room...we have not painted yet since the previous owners painted this for their little girl.
So...the scrapbooks. I decided to finish Patrick's mission scrapbook that his mom had started. What a project! But at the same time I grew so much closer to Patrick. I read his journals, looked at hundreds of pictures and felt of his love and testimony. It turned out to be an awesome experience. Little did I know that Patrick was scrapbooking for me in the next room. Who would have thought he would be so crafty?! (A big thanks goes out to his mom who helped us both!) Patrick decided to start a book for Maddox. He filled it with cute pages and stickers and a beautiful letter he wrote to him. Now all I have to do is add pics! So after I stopped crying from this wonderful gift he tells me to go put it in the baby's room...thats when I discovered the crib. Thanks babe! You picked the perfect one!
I had to show how artistic he is in his wrapping.....Oh I love him.
This is Pat opening his tool box. My dad and I made him a toolbox. It turned out really good!! I even put the Dallas Cowboys logo on the side with a wood burner...he was thrilled! It was nice to still get to see my family the weekend before. There is something about Snowflake during the Holidays. I really enjoyed seeing my family. I love them so much!
Colleen ( mother in law) and I peeling oranges and eating grapefruit Christmas eve. I love this women. She spent numerous hours helping me scrapbook and then would top it off by massaging my back...Bless her heart! Sitting for hours on the floor hunched over with a baby sitting on my tailbone gets painful. She prepared a beautiful Christmas dinner and breakfast. She really loves her family....I watched her glow as she watched all her children. Dearest Dad(pats dad) had me for Christmas and he got me a clay set that we can put Maddox's hand prints in. They are all so excited for this baby!!! I love it. He is going to be one lucky boy with all these wonderful people around who love him. I love you Wood Family! I am so grateful for the Christmas season! I love the feeling in the air. I am most grateful for my savior and for his birth and sacrifice. I am so grateful to know of his love for little ole me. I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas!

3 comments:

Traci Butler said...

Very cute name! Do you have his middle name too? How sweet of your hubby to get a crib and a scrapbook!

Unknown said...

sounds like fun!!! I have to go buy is a new crib too, ours was recalled because it is one of those ones that slide down. love the name!

kate said...

i love the name kel! ah, i can't wait to meet the little guy.

a scrapbook?! go pat!