My sisters and I were fortunate enough to go to his funeral this past weekend in Lehi Utah.
This wonderful man has been such a blessing to our lives.
He married my grandma I think about 12 years ago and was so good to her.
He loved all of us like his own. I never considered him a step grandpa. This past June we were able to enjoy their company in Texas for my dads 55Th birthday. Patrick and I were privileged enough to take care of him. We took on every second we could to help him and get to know him better. My sweet husband was so good with him. Got his food, got him drinks or whatever he needed to feel comfortable. He always walked him to the guest house at night and made sure he and my grandma had what they needed. I remember the last morning we were there grandma asked if I could walk over to the guest house to help grandpa walk over. So I walked on over and was able to spend a few quiet minutes alone with him. I helped him take his medicine and put his socks and and shoes on. He showed me his favorite hat. And then we preceded to walk down the grassy path to dads house together just talking. He expressed to me how much he loved and appreciated me and Patrick. My favorite thing to do is to talk to elderly people. They are so interesting to me. Grandma Schneider can witness that I spent every lunch hour at her house. I love and adore my grandparents. Grandpa Stan is the first of them to go. It was really hard for me. I've never lost anyone really close to me. Its a strange but comforting feeling. I know he is no longer in pain and he is exactly where he wants to be. We were able to spend some precious time with Grandma while in Utah. We planted flowers, rode Grandpas bike, enjoyed lunch and visited. I love her so much! She is one incredible lady. I hope my grandparents know how much they mean to me and how much I love them.








1 comment:
Oh Kel. I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa! It's no fun to lose grandparents :( I'm glad you got to go to the funeral! Hope your grandma does ok.
Post a Comment