Tuesday, June 18, 2013

In a Child's eyes...

Funniest Maddox story yet...
Our conversation about superheros somehow got turned into a conversation about Santa.
Maddox suddenly remembered who he was, what he did and wanted to know when he was coming to our house again to bring toys?!
He went through a list of his toys and asked about every single one, "Was this from Santa?"
After about 5 minutes of this I got up to go do my hair in my bathroom.
Maddox followed me in there, started snooping around and held something up and asked,
"What is this?"....they were...personal items. (sorry TMI)
I grabbed them and said, "Those are daddys! Don't touch."
Maddox replied, "Ooooh, Santa brought those for him. Shhh.... I won't tell."
LOL!!!
Then he starts asking a million questions about "bobby the elf" (our shelf elf). 
He runs to the door and says "I gotta see if Santa is here yet!!!"
I tried to explain that he wouldn't be to our house for awhile...that Christmas was a long time away.
He looked confused so he ran away yelling something about a book.
A few minutes later he reappears with a Santa book, sits down and starts to look through it.
"Mom! I know why Santa isn't coming, he is stuck in this book!!!"
I didn't say anything, I could only laugh.
Then he gets to the last page, sees Santa flying away in his sled and he says, 
" Oh finally, he is on his way!"
He jumps up and runs back to the door to check. 
Boy do I love a child's imagination. He just made my day by being so stinkin cute! Love that boy!!

No comments: