Friday, April 20, 2012

Its my baby sister!

Maddox is so proud of our news! Not sure if he really understands what it all means but he has been carrying around an ultrasound picture of his BABY SISTER since we found out yesterday. Showing anyone who will look and listen. Its "his" picture of baby sister. He even wanted to sleep with it last night. I really hope that he is in love with the idea when she arrives! It still feels weird to me to say "Her. Daughter. Girl. She." I felt like giggling the whole time I shopped in the girl section yesterday, like I had no clue what I was doing. I soon figured it out and walked out with some darling outfits. :) I wonder if she'll be as silly as Maddox. I sure hope so! As I type this, he is spitting at himself in the mirror. This little boy has stolen my heart and my world revolves around him. Thinking about loving another as much is overwhelming. In a Good way! Patrick and I cannot decide on a name. We both have our preferences...we'll see how long it takes to make a decision. Being a mother is wonderful thing. I'm so grateful to have such sweet spirits sent to me. Maddox is so loving and considerate. He is kind and sweet, honest, even for a 2 year old. He loves me and protects me and worries about me just like his daddy. How grateful I am for such a good husband that shows his son how to treat me. I'm so anxious and curious to get to know my daughter. What will her personality be like? Will she adore me as much as her brother? I hope so! Patrick and I were both pretty quiet during the ultrasound, I think we were very surprised and very confident at the same time that we kind of already knew, yesterday was just a confirmation. I remember the feeling in the room when we found out our first was a boy. This time it was just as special...just different. I can't wait to start a new adventure. I can't wait to see Patrick with a little girl and to see Maddox love on his little sister. Here's to a wonderful day!!! And to a impossible attempt at getting Maddox's two year pictures done. Oh well, he is still cute and I love him.









3 comments:

Unknown said...

yaaa! congrats girl so very happy for you!!! girls are fun. the second one you will find holds a special place in your heart and soon becomes the baby of the family. maddox will love being a big brother!! so fun congrats kelli, patrick and maddox!!

Meagan said...

I remember that feeling of not understanding how you could have room in your heart for one more kid. :) It's a weird feeling. And then you see that little baby and your heart just doubles in size! I'm so excited for you guys! I'm glad you had such a fun day!

Kasey said...

Trust me...you have enough love! Like Cody Brown says, love is meant to be mutiplied! ;) Of course I'm refering to children, not wives! So excited for baby girl Wood!