We had a wonderful Christmas and New Years!
Patrick and I had a blast spoiling Maddox for his first Christmas!
I think we had more fun with his toys. It was so fun to wake him up in his santa pajamas and watch his face when he saw the lights. He kept squinting.
All 5 of my mom's girls were in Snowflake. The last time we were all together for Christmas was when I was like 7. It was wonderful. Most of the Eichs were there too, and with all the grandkids we had quite the party.
Mom put together a party for the grandkids where we played relay games and painted toys for children in other countries. It was something different and meaningful.
Then we had a nice Christmas eve program. Special music, the nativity and dinner.
Having little kids makes opening presents so exciting!! And there were a lot of kiddos.
We had a AWESOME adult Christmas Day party.
We had yummy food and played Minute to Win It games. Hilarious!
We welcomed in the New Year with food,games, wii, movies and of course fireworks and sparkling cider!
2010 was an eventful year!
We welcomed Maddox into our life in March.
We have lived in our house for a year in April (so almost 2 now).
Patrick doubled up on classes! Only 10 more months.
I got accepted into Nursing school and then turned it down. I think I'll eventually figure it all out and finish school one way or another but 10' was not the year.
We lost a grandparent. But had a wonderful trip to utah to see family during the funeral.
Had HUGE miracles occur with family.
Both cars broke down multiple times But they are still running.
Both became Webelo Scout leaders.
Finished some projects around the house.
And Maddox.....drumroll.....
was born, learned to sit up, learned to crawl, eats all kinds of foods now, can wave, can gives thumbs up, can say mama and da da, learned to spit, pull himself up, gets into everything, weighs 20 pounds and is 28 inches long. He is still in the 90th for height but 70th for weight. He is the funniest kid! He keeps us entertained and busy ALL DAY LONG. He loves his blanket, binky and mama. He is the center of our world..we love him so stinkin much!
We sat down and made a few goals for the new year.
Of course we'd like to loose weight and get a new car and become crazy rich!! :)
But we are trying to focus on some smaller more simple goals for now.
We love being parents!
We love each other!
And we can't wait for what lies ahead for 2011 !







3 comments:
Oh my goodness, I love those fat cheeks on Maddox and could squeeze him all day. I am glad you had a good Christmas and having kids really does make Christmas so much more fun! And how fun to have all your sisters here! Cute cute pics. Love them all :)
Ah Kelly, can you believe we're all growing up? ;) I can't. It's crazy how fast time flies. You guys had quite the year. I'm so happy that you found a great guy and have the cutest little boy ever!
Happy New Year!
oh, p.s. the other day i was trying to comment on some of your other posts, they were all so cute. The one about deciding not to go to nursing school, and your cousins party. I think Ricky was playing with the internet and so it erased my post. :( But just wanted to let you know I love reading your posts. You're such an awesome mom!
Hey! Just curious, when did you apply for nursing school? I'm on the waiting list, waiting & waiting to get in. Its so hard not knowing!
Its also hard thinking of going to school and having Hollis :( Wish I could have finished everything before. The only way I'm doing it is if I can get into the part-time evening program @ gateway. But even then I know its still going to be hard booooo.
Anyway. Your Maddox is A-dorable! He's getting so big! :)
Post a Comment