Rolling our eyes and giving each other silent smiles is what Patrick and I did on our way home EARLY from stake conference today. Mainly because Maddox was in the back just talkin away and grunted and fake laughing. It was almost like he knew he had just won the game. THE GAME we play every Sunday. I'm sure 99.9 % of you also play this game. (If not please give me your secret!) The game is simple. Maddox is on one team. The church building, speakers and all the other families are on the other team. Daddy and Mommy are the referees. The whistle, yellow flag and time outs can only be used so many times!!! Maddox is not even crawling or walking yet and we already leave church feeling more exhausted than ever. Its like he knows the minute our rumps hit the bench. He squirms and squawks and throws things. I do want to say thank you to Maddox for at least letting us get in the opening hymn and first speaker. I sure do wish I could've heard President Monson's talk but I'm sure he understands as he once too had youngins. As for the game, I'm sure it will be played until our last child is around 6. At least this is what Patrick was saying as we were walking out. He was grumbling when I said, "Patrick, did you not notice the 4 other couples from our ward also walking the halls with their kids? Maddox is not out to get us, he is just like every other kid in church." As frustrating and trying as it may be parenthood is still wonderful and so rewarding! Loves to my little boy!
How can you every be angry with this kid though? Just look at that face!!!!!!!!!!
How can you every be angry with this kid though? Just look at that face!!!!!!!!!!




1 comment:
We left during the 1st speaker of stake conference to walk the halls. We ended up in the Primary room with all the other rowdy children. I swear kids are worse during Stake Conference. He does have an adorable face even if he is naughty.
Post a Comment