Friday, July 2, 2010

One of those mornings...I have to brag!

I am the Queen of multitasking!! Yes I am tooting my own horn. I have a schedule down to the minute in the mornings I work to ensure I'm never late for work. I have exactly one hour to get myself and the baby ready. So it was one of those mornings where you don't know if you forgot to set your alarm or just didn't hear it. Let me just mention it starts at 4am. I woke up 30 minutes late! As I'm washing my face and brushing my teeth at the same time I'm wondering how I'm going to pull this off. I crawled into bed and set a mirror between my knees, held the baby on my lap and propped him up on a pillow. Yes! I nursed and put makeup and did my hair all at the same time. Maddox didn't seem to notice anything was different, he just cooed and sighed as satisfied as ever. Then while I was burping him, he puked and some of it got on my hair. No time to wash it, thank goodness for wipes! Ok, so now I have 10 minutes to get us both dressed. I remove his diaper and reach for the wipes and....explosion of diarrhea all over the changing table and my hand. Luckily Patrick hadn't left yet. So he started the bath and washed him off while I washed my hand and got dressed. Patrick just laughed and was so cute with him in the bathtub. Needless to say I made it to work in plenty of time. Maddox was wide awake and smiling when I left, it made me so happy I didn't even think about how crappy my morning could have been. Dear hectic mornings, I hope you all are this wonderful!

5 comments:

. said...

haha! Kelli i love you and your story! Good job super mom!

Kristina and Joe said...

This story is awesome. You appreciate the normal mornings when everything seems to go wrong. By the way you don't have to get him dressed. Send him in his P.J's and I will get him dressed when he wakes up.

Unknown said...

good job kelli!!! that is too funny though, sorry that it makes me laugh! bentley is too big to do any of those tricks while nursing, but its worth it, almost done, she will be a year soon. keep the pictures coming of this little cute boy! he is adorable!

Hina Schneider said...

Wow that is some morning you just had. Well nice work on mulitasking and getting everything accomplished before you left for work.

mindy said...

oh my goodness!!! the adventures of motherhood huh?! haha. too funny. GOOD JOB!!