Sunday, September 14, 2008

Mother. There aren't enough words to describe how wonderful a mother is. Especially my mother. I've never met a more strong human being, a better example, a good homemaker, or best friend. Today mother had her birthday. Her 29th birthday (hehe). I got to thinking a lot about her, wondering how she looks at all that has happened in her life. I hope she is proud of all of us. She did her very best in raising us girls, alone at times, and even conquered raising others. She always listened and wanted to help in any way she could. And she still does today. She visited me last week, came to my rescue. Helped me get some fun projects going, stayed up late talking to me and making me feel better, and laughed with me while we played cards. All the time I spend with her is so precious. I need to make it more known to her how much I love and appreciate it.She is a wonderful grandmother and wife as well. This sweet lady tends to 27 grandbabys. She is so talented. She loves to make homemade gifts for all of them, and one day they will realize how priceless they are. She loves each one individually and they all know it. I am so grateful that she has a wonderful husband who she is sealed to forever. She deserves all the happiness promised.

Yes. Mother is graying only because she has stayed up late so many times helping with homework and having long talks. Yes. Mother is slowing only because she has chased so many grankids and put on so many weddings. Yes. Mother can't hear as well as she used to only because she has answered to "Mom!" so many times. Yes. Mother is getting wrinkles only because she has smiled a million times to cheer others up and to celebrate life. Yes mother is changing only because she is getting closer and closer to perfection.
I love you Mother! I wish I could say more. Happy Birthday!

4 comments:

Kacie said...

I love your Mom. She is just Gorgeous! And the sweetest thing ever!

Hina Schneider said...

Happy Birthday Lisa! I love playing games with the Eich family their the best. Totally grateful that you guys are big on playing games.

mindy said...

this was a sweet post!!! sounds like you've got a pretty great mom! my moms bday is tomorrow and i think shes a saint too!!!

Taylor and Kristin Williams said...

I agree. You have an amazing mother. I love making her laugh when the extended family gets together because her laugh is so contagious.