Top reasons being a Mother is AWESOME.
1. You never have to pee, shower or do anything as a matter of a fact ALONE.
2. You get the opportunity to change a million diapers, sometimes even in the middle of the night.
3. Your shirts become Kleenex's
4. You're never bored! There's always something to clean.
5. You get noticed more in public because either you are quieting a screaming child or because you are wiping up a knocked over drink.
6. You become a fantastic multi-tasker.
7. You get to cuddle with your best friend all day.
8. You learn to laugh instead of cry, but doing them together is the best!
9. You learn to say, "Oh well. It'll dry. That was cheap anyway. I didn't like that anyway. Go ahead, its already a mess. Honey, call poison control. It'll wash off in a few days. Dirt can't hurt.
10. You get to watch something you created learn new things each day.
11. You become number 1 and most wanted.
12. You get to kiss booboos better and make the tears stop.
13. You get your cheeks squeezed followed by a big kiss!
14. You get to hear your name called.
15. You get a glimpse of how much your Heavenly Father loves you.
I like to include the silly things because MOTHERHOOD is all about the different emotions and experiences. Its not always easy, it rarely is BUT every emotion and experience involved with motherhood is priceless. I love being a mom, especially to Maddox. We adore each other! No money in the world could buy more happiness than what I feel being a mother.
I have so many wonderful mothers in my life. I have two mothers, mother in law, grandmothers, friends and sisters, aunts and cousins whom I look up to. They have shown me what motherhood is really about. Its something that involves the Savior on a daily basis. Its a gift and privilege. And its endless. Women will forever be mothers to all those around them.
We had a wonderful Mother's day. We surprised my mom by going to Snowflake. We had a nice dinner and company. My hubby showered me with love and affection and changed every diaper!! And to top off my wonderful day, I quit my job!! yes yes, its time. We're still trying to figure out how we'll make it work but we truly feel blessed and know we'll be taken care of. I'm so happy!
Happy late mother's day to all of you!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Your list couldn't be any more true! Love it! Congrats on quitting your job! I'm sure you'll find a way to make it work! Happy late mother's day to you! :)
Post a Comment