Wednesday, April 27, 2011

mmm...starburst jellybeans



(The Easter Lilly)


I've decided that Starburst jellybeans are my favorite Easter candy, Max loves them too. The Easter bunny tradition is so fun with a kiddo now. I had so much fun picking out little gifts for his basket and filling the eggs with candy.


He didn't eat the candy, but he enjoyed shaking the eggs around.




I had so much fun I even made a basket for Patrick.


I know, I know, adults don't need easter baskets but I LOVE holidays and love any excuse to buy my hubby and baby stuff. I also love to decorate for holidays because its fun to make new things. Here are my projects this Easter.



My favorite part of Max's basket was a little picture of a little boy holding the hand of Jesus. His aunt put that in for him and I love it so much. I want to make that a tradition. I want to put a little reminder in an egg or the basket of Jesus Christ. As much fun as the Easter bunny is, my favorite part about this holiday is the Resurection of our Savior. I love the lessons that are given at church. We had a really nice lesson about the Preisthood and service. Both these are so important. Both of these things need to be fulfilled by us, his instruments. I want to better serve those around me and to better support my husband and the preisthood he holds. I'm so grateful for the knowledge I have of these principals and for the knowledge that my Savior lives.

2 comments:

jilliann said...

I love the little eggs on stands, did you make those? too cute, happy Easter!

Kristina and Joe said...

I love your eggs! I wanted to try dying eggs using ties, but never got around to it this year. Yours looks great!