Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The First Year


(Few days late...but the birthday boy came down with RSV)

Dear Son.


This first year of your life has been an experience to always remember. Its a strange feeling to be pregnant and be told the exact time your baby will be born. I remember the doctor leaving the room after she broke the news that you would need to come by Cesarean. I felt more emotions in that one second than ever before. I knew that you would enter our world at exactly 12:45 on March 26, 2010. We would get to hold our baby. Our Son. You've entertained us from day one! Not a minute passes in my day without thinking of you. Your father and I are so proud of you and feel so blessed to have you in our family. You took your first steps today, there is just something about a child learning new things, walking being very important. Your first steps were to me...you wanted me to hold you. When you reached my arms, I didn't want to let go! I just knew that if I did you'd grow up way too fast!! We love you so much Maddox and can't wait to celebrate every year of your life!

We threw you your first Dallas Cowboy's party. You had your own jersey with your name on the back, a football cake, and super bowl food to top it off! You had lots of people there who love you and wanted to share your special day!













3 comments:

Lori said...

Happy birthday Maddox! I can't believe he's one already?!?!

Unknown said...

so cute!!! happy birthday little guy!!! he is so lucky to have you two as parents!

Brette said...

He is so cute Kelli!! He reminds me alot of Katcher. I hope he starts feeling better soon! I want into your blog, my email is Grahamfam37@gmail.com.