Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Oh I can't wait until daddy gets home...


(Maddox loves to wait outside until daddy gets home.)
I do 100 loads of laundry...to have good smelling clothes
I make and remake the bed...to have something to crawl into
I wipe a little toosh 1001 times... to keep the rash away
I unload, load, unload, load...so we can eat off something other than the table
I try to battle a shopping cart, the crowd and a baby in the store...so we don't starve
I put away toys that seem to crawl out of the basket on their own...so we don't trip and break our necks
I wash the never ending sink of bottles
I run here and there
I do this and that
I sigh
Because at the end of the day I cry
Sometimes out of exhaustion
But mostly because I'm happy
I'm proud to be a mommy and a wife
I've made the biggest decision this week, I guess you could say its a HUGE sacrifice
But really it is a blessing
I've decided to stay home with the little man
instead of Nursing school. And I'm ok with that.
I love my busy hectic days at home. Even now he is pulling on my arm.
Time to wipe more tooshy,do more laundry more dishes and cry.
A good cry.

6 comments:

mindy said...

oh i am so happy for you kelli! what a brave- amazing thing!!

love you. so happy for you & i'm sure maddox would tell you HOORAYYY if he could :)

Hilary said...

I'm happy for you!! That is a blessing, he will be so happy.
Everything you said is so true! You finish one thing just to do the next over and over and OVER! But, it's so worth it!

Unknown said...

kel, i dont know what to say but i am sure you will be blessed for the sacrifices you have made to be a wonderful mother. i think this is great and i am sure you can start nursing school when the time is right :)

Ali said...

I just read your blog! Love it! Love him and his smile!! Love this post! I finished the college thing before kids but I am now paying on loans for a degree I don't use for nothing other than staying home with kids! But I wouldn't change it. It's the hardest thing I have ever done. After a few more kids and years of watching them grow and doing the full time housewife thing, I bet Nursing school will seem like a piece of cake someday :)

We blog too!

I wanna steal this post.

And send the entire Wood family a Merry Christmas from ours :)

Ali

Sarah Smiles said...

I'm so excited for you! You are awesome! I love reading your blog because you are so happy and it makes me happy!

The Bodell Family said...

Kelli, I am so happy for you. Staying home with babies is the best. Take it from someone who has done nursing school. Nursing school is so tough, I don't know how I would have ever done it with a baby. And now I stay home with Lucy and don't miss a single day of working as a nurse. They say its a good mom profession because you only work 3 days a week. But what they don't tell you is that you work holidays, Christmas, Sundays and 12 hour shifts. I don't know about Maddox, but Lucy is only awake 12 hours a day. I have to go back to work next year to keep my license active and I cry every day just thinking about being away from my baby. What if I miss the first time she does something? Being a stay at home mom, as hard and unrewarding as it seems sometimes, is the best. And I'm sure you are the best at it.