Today was.....interesting.....and I loved it
Patrick and I teach the 9 year olds in primary and we adore them! They are always saying funny things and keep us on our toes. There is a girl in particular who keeps us awake! She requires a lot of my attention but I love her. Its hard sometimes to keep her attention and to keep her on the subject...today was especially challenging but in a funny way. So during singing time this is OUR CONVERSATION:
Kelli: (feels a light tap on her shoulder so she looks down at girl)
Girl: Scuse me teacher, Why is your....
Why is your...
Now don't take this as being mean BUT
Why are your lips so big?
Kelli: Grin from ear to ear and the silent laughing shakes that won't stop. ( For those of you who don't know I have been teased about my lip size since grade school)
Well...um...they just are. Maybe its my lip gloss making them look shinier and bigger.
Girl: Ohhhh. Yeah cuz the top one goes up real high then comes down again.
2.5 minutes later.
Kelli: (feels a soft little hand on her arm, its the girl again. So I place my hand on top of hers.)
Girl: Oops sorry!
Kelli: (looks down and realizes girl just picked a scab on purpose and wanted my hand to get her blood on it.)
Its OK I'll go wash my hand.
Girl: I need a band aid teacher!!
5 minutes later.
Girl: Teacher, how many minutes are left, I'm so bored!
Kelli: 8 more minutes. You can do it!
10 seconds later.
Girl: How many more now?
Needless to say, its very challenging but rewarding because I know this girl is trying and she needs good examples in her life. I love her and am grateful for her. She is helping me learn patience. We have been learning sign language for the Articles of Faith Songs and its so fulfilling to have my sweet girls look down the row at me to see what the next move is. I need to be better at learning all the songs and games so that I can be their example. I love my Adventures in Primary.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Haha that's hilarious about your lips. Remember taking pictures of our lips in Mr. Godfrey's class because you were trying to prove that your lips aren't that big... I taught the 9 year olds in primary in a previous ward. They were so funny but definately took a lot of patience
haha! kelli that is so funny! we we're with the 14 year old's for about a year and a half (in TWO wards!) and oh man, they took alot of patience, i can't imagine 9 year olds. thank goodness for nursery, we get to eat snacks. :)
oh my goodness!!!! that is HILARIOUS!!!! oh i love it.
Post a Comment